About this section
In this section you can find out everything about job opportunities at Autism West Midlands and learn more about our recruitment process.
- Business Area
- Operational Role ~ Children and Family Support
- Salary & Benefits
- £19,240 (pro rata)
- Vacancy type
- Job Advert Description
Autism West Midlands, as the leading charity for autism in the region, use our passion and expertise to enrich the lives of people with autism and those who love and care for them.
We deliver a wide range of services to people on the autism spectrum including a family support service. We have an exciting vacancy for a Family Worker to work in Solihull alongside Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust and Barnardo’s to provide Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Services for children and young people in Solihull (SOLAR).
The successful candidate will work alongside the other partners to provide a service to SOLAR families who have children on the autism spectrum. If you want a varied, exciting and challenging role which actually makes a difference then this is definitely for you! As a Family Worker you will be responsible for:
- Delivering autism specific training to parents and children.
- Offering individual advice and support to parents
- Delivering training and consultancy support to practitioners from partner agencies
What we are looking for:
- Detailed knowledge of the autism spectrum
- Knowledge of the key issues which impact on children and adults with autism and their families
- Experience of delivering training
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a wide range of individuals (children and adults)
- Ability to build positive relationships with colleagues, families and external contacts
Salary: £19.240 (pro rata) per annum
Location: Chelmsley Wood and the Community. As this post involves community work, applicants are requested to hold a driving licence and have access to a car.
Hours of Work: 24 hours per week, with flexibility to cover occasional evenings and weekends where required.
What we can offer you:
You will have support from a great peer group, a passionate and knowledgeable manager and a committed senior management team. Alongside this Autism West Midlands offer the following package:
- Life Assurance Scheme,
- A fully paid Healthcare Scheme – this allows you to claim back money for dental, optical and many more treatments!
- Opportunity to be a part of an attractive pension scheme.
- Free access to an Employee assistance programme for advice and support.
- Excellent induction programme
- An excellent opportunity to benefit from Specialist Autism Specific Training.
We are also an Investor in People and hold the Customer Service Excellence award!
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, a job description and more information about the responsibilities can be found at the Autism West Midlands Website.
- Personal Specification
- Closing Date