About this section
In this section you can find out everything about job opportunities at Autism West Midlands and learn more about our recruitment process.
Registered Care Manager - Residential
- Business Area
- Operational Role ~ Residential
- Salary & Benefits
- £28,000 - £30,732
- Vacancy type
- 37 hours a week
- Job Advert Description
Autism West Midlands is a leading Charity and Specialist provider of services to people with Autism. We deliver a wide range of services to people on the Autism Spectrum including residential and supported living, training and employment services; family support and a dedicated helpline for advice and guidance.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Manager for our Residential Home, based in Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire. The post holder will be responsible for a 10 bed service for adults with Autism and complex needs. The home is very well established and continues to maintain its ‘Good’ quality standard from CQC.
As the ‘Registered Manager’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) the post holder will be responsible for:
- All aspects of the residential service ensuring the all statutory regulation standards are met. Delivering high quality service to meet the needs of the people who live at the home through person centred models of support and individualised support plans.
- Ensuring that the support provided is led by the person and offers new experiences through a wide range of meaningful activities within their home and local community
- Leading a team of approximately 25 staff members to provide an outstanding level of care and ensure that the needs and preferred lifestyle of the people we support are met.
- Promoting an enabling environment, ensuring high standards of professional practice, whilst achieving compliance with the standards required by CQC, internal policies, procedures and external contract requirements.
What we are looking for:
- A Level 4 qualification in a relevant field
- The applicant must have held a previous CQC Registered Manager status.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a residential care home and or a supported living environment with people with complex communication needs, including Autism and challenging behaviour.
- Knowledge of the personalisation agenda – Person centred planning/thinking tools.
- Experience of care planning/development planning for people with disabilities.
What you will receive:
You will have support from a great peer group, passionate operations managers and a committed senior management team. Alongside this Autism West Midlands offer the following package:
- A salary of £28,000 - £30,732 per annum
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- A fully paid Healthcare Scheme – this allows you to claim back money for dental, optical and many more treatments!
- Opportunity to be a part of an attractive pension scheme.
- Free access to an Employee assistance programme for advice and support.
- Excellent induction programme and specialist management training.
- Free on-site Parking.
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, a job description and more information about the responsibilities can be found at: http://autismwestmidlands.org.uk/careers/.
- Personal Specification
- Closing Date