About this section
In this section you can find out everything about job opportunities at Autism West Midlands and learn more about our recruitment process.
- Business Area
- Operational Role ~ Residential
- Salary & Benefits
- £8.50 per hour
- Vacancy type
- Job Advert Description
The role of the Activity Coordinator is to implement and facilitate an inspirational programme of engagement and activities for a group of adults, many of whom are non-verbal or with limited spoken communication. The main purpose of the role is to:
- Creatively engage with the people we support and staff to help the design and planning of a person centred, structured and inspiring programme of activities
- Organise and deliver development and learning opportunities, and guide support staff in the consistent provision of quality daily activities
- To promote the best interest of the people we support, use good team work, ensuring that your actions and decisions are in line with agreed strategies
- Develop individualised timetables, including social & communication skills development, creative & enterprise projects, personal development / health & wellbeing, community participation / contribution, leisure & social opportunities
Autism West Midlands are seeking a person with vision and a high energy approach to assist in establish a fundamentally new way of working in an established residential care home. We are searching for candidates who have a creative personality with the ability to identify opportunities for meaningful activities and experiences.
Autism West Midlands, as the leading charity for autism in the region, use our passion and expertise to enrich the lives of people with autism and those who love and care for them.
We offer a number of benefits including a Life Assurance Scheme, a fully paid for healthcare scheme which enables you to claim back money for optical, dental and many more treatments. You will also have the opportunity to be a part of our attractive pension's scheme.
Our employees are encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge, and each year many of them gain additional qualifications. We are also an Investor in People and hold the Customer Service Excellence award!
A job description for the role containing more information about the responsibilities of the position can be found on our website with the following link: http://jobs.autismwestmidlands.org.uk/vacancies
- Personal Specification
- Closing Date