About this section
In this section you can find out everything about job opportunities at Autism West Midlands and learn more about our recruitment process.
Support Worker - 1 2 1 Residential Support
- Business Area
- Operational Role ~ Residential
- Salary & Benefits
- Vacancy type
- Job Advert Description
We are currently recruiting for support workers to work on a 1 to 1 basis with our service users. It is imperative that we offer a person centred approach and as such the 1 to 1 support working will be required to ‘get to know’ and ‘understand’ their service user and his/her ambitions as well as what they love to enjoy. The role will enable you to actively play a part in shaping a service users life experience and sharing in moments of achievements.
The Key Responsibilities for a Support Worker at Autism West Midlands:
- Enabling service users to live a rewarding and fulfilling life.
- Help individuals to achieve their goals and aspirations and to access the community in a meaningful way.
- Enabling service users to complete everyday tasks with prompts and assistance.
Essentially, we are looking for open- hearted individuals that share the same passion, supportive nature, and willingness to take the time to understand others as we do. We welcome all applications however the following experience and qualifications would be advantageous:
- Past experience in a support worker role/ in a care environment
- NVQ Level 2 in Care or Promoting Independence (or equivalent) or a willingness to work towards it
- Knowledge of autism
Hours: Full time and Part time applicants are welcomed
Location: Solihull (Marston Green)
Benefits: Life Assurance Scheme, a fully paid for healthcare scheme which enables you to claim back money for optical, dental and many more treatments. You will also have the opportunity to be a part of our attractive pension’s scheme.
A job description for the role containing more information about the responsibilities of the position can be found on our website with the following link: http://jobs.autismwestmidlands.org.uk/vacancies
- Personal Specification
- Closing Date