About this section
In this section you can find out everything about job opportunities at Autism West Midlands and learn more about our recruitment process.
- Business Area
- Operational Role ~ Residential
- Salary & Benefits
- Upto £20,000
- Vacancy type
- Job Advert Description
If you want a varied, exciting and challenging role which actually makes a difference to the people we support and their families, then this is definitely for you! As the Service Co-ordinator at Gorse Farm, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the day-to-day physical and emotional health of those living within the residential resource is met within a caring and safe environment.
- Supervising staff to identify priorities of each service user and maintain their progress through the aims and goals agreed in the formal Person Centred Plan (PCP).
- Acting alongside the Registered Care Manager, the post holder will ensure compliance with the Care Quality Commission and the delivery of high quality services to meet the needs of the service users through appropriate personalised support
- staff recruitment, the interviewing and selection process for staff appointments ensuring compliance with organisation policy and relevant legislation.
What we are looking for:
- Substantial training or a qualification relevant to a supervisory position in social care or a related field
- An understanding of the legal and regulatory frameworks of registered care services and Person centred practice
- Experience of working in residential, community or day services with people with Autism, learning disabilities, or mental illness
- Strong leadership personality with a natural ability to positively shape the work of others
- Able to work flexibly across a seven day rota to meet the needs of the service
Working with Autism West Midlands offers a number of benefits including a life assurance policy, a fully paid for healthcare scheme which enables you to claim back money for optical, dental and many more treatments. You will also have the opportunity to be a part of our attractive pensions scheme.
Our employees are encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge, and each year many of them gain additional qualifications. We are also an Investor in People and hold the Customer Service Excellence award!
Gorse Farm is a home that we are proud of and are driven to ensure its success for the people we support. As the Service Co-ordinator you will play a key role in transforming the service and its delivery whilst enriching the lives of our service users.
A job description for the role containing more information about the responsibilities of the position can be found on our website with the following link: http://jobs.autismwestmidlands.org.uk/vacanci
- Personal Specification
- Closing Date