About this section
In this section you can find out everything about job opportunities at Autism West Midlands and learn more about our recruitment process.
- Business Area
- Information Helpline
- Salary & Benefits
- Vacancy type
- 20 hours per week
- Job Advert Description
We are the leading charity in the West Midlands and support hundreds of adults with autism and those who love and care for them. Our passionate, caring staff and volunteers work across all age groups and abilities, providing direct support to people with autism.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Autism Advisor to join our Information Helpline team based at our Head Office location in Edgbaston.
By joining our team you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping others and join a team who love their job and have a lot of fun. We are looking for someone who has the genuine passion and motivation to make a difference.
You will provide a high quality advice, guidance and support service to individuals, professionals, parents and carers through our information helpline. You will act as a central point of contract for information and services within the Charity.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role, especially dealing with difficult and challenging calls
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of autism and the services people can access (essential requirement)
- The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- The ability to show empathy
- Active listening skills
- Experience of working with people who have autism (desirable requirement)
A key part of the role will be working with volunteers to provide a high quality seamless service.
If you are successful, we need you to have an Enhanced Disclosure Check through the Disclosure and Barring service which we’ll pay for. Other benefits include:
- Specialist autism training
- Comprehensive induction
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Free access to an Employee assistance programme for advice and support
- Opportunity to join a health care plan to claim towards dental, glasses etc
This position is for 20 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 11am- 4pm.
If you are person centred, want to make a difference and feel you have the relevant skills then we want to hear from you!
- Personal Specification
- Closing Date