About this section
In this section you can find out everything about job opportunities at Autism West Midlands and learn more about our recruitment process.
Support Worker (female only)- Marston Green
- Business Area
- Operational Role ~ Adult Social Support
- Salary & Benefits
- £7.50 per hour
- Vacancy type
- 37.5 hours per week
- Job Advert Description
We are the leading charity in the West Midlands and support hundreds of adults with autism and those who love and care for them. Our passionate, caring staff and volunteers work across all age groups and abilities, providing direct support to people with autism.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and caring Support Worker to join our team based at our Marston Green location. You will enable service users to live a rewarding and fulfilling life, help them achieve their goals and aspirations and access the community.
By joining our team you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping others and join a team who love their job and have a lot of fun. We are looking for someone who has the genuine passion and motivation to make a difference.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of supporting adults with autism and challenging behaviour.
- Previous experience in the care environment either within a residential service, supported living
- Completed Managing Challenging behaviour training
If you are successful, we need you to have an Enhanced Disclosure Check through the Disclosure and Barring service which we’ll pay for. Other benefits include:
- Specialist autism training
- Comprehensive induction
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Free access to an Employee assistance programme for advice and support
- Opportunity to join a health care plan to claim towards dental, glasses etc
If you are person centred, want to make a difference and feel you have the relevant skills then we want to hear from you!
We welcome full and part time applications
- Personal Specification