About this section
In this section you can find out everything about job opportunities at Autism West Midlands and learn more about our recruitment process.
Shropshire Outreach Worker
- Business Area
- Operational Role ~ Outreach & Supported Living
- Salary & Benefits
- £9.35 per hour
- Vacancy type
- 21 hours per week
- Job Advert Description
We are the leading charity in the West Midlands and support hundreds of adults with autism and those who love and care for them. Our passionate, caring staff and volunteers work across all age groups and abilities, providing direct support to people with autism.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and caring Outreach Worker to join our team based at our service in Shropshire.
By joining our team you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping others and join a team who love their job and have a lot of fun. We are looking for someone who has the genuine passion and motivation to make a difference.
You will support the delivery of a range of contracts across primarily the Shropshire Council area with some work in Telford and Wrekin. These include:
- Outreach support for individuals (adults and young people) to support them with independent living and to access the community.
- An autism information, advice, training and support service for Shropshire parent/carers of children 0-18 and professionals supporting families.
- A programme of workshops and social groups for children and young people on the autism spectrum and their siblings.
- An autism information, advice and support service for adults and their carers attending the Shropshire and Telford Adult Autism Hubs
Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous but if you have the right attitude and approach, we will support you to gain all of the skills you need.
If you are successful, we need you to have an Enhanced Disclosure Check through the Disclosure and Barring service which we’ll pay for. Other benefits include:
- Specialist autism training
- Comprehensive induction
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Free access to an Employee assistance programme for advice and support
- Opportunity to join a health care plan to claim towards dental, glasses etc
If you are person centred, want to make a difference and feel you have the relevant skills then we want to hear from you!
We welcome part time applications