About this section
In this section you can find out everything about job opportunities at Autism West Midlands and learn more about our recruitment process.
Weekend Cook- Selly Park
- Business Area
- Operational Role ~ Adult Social Support
- Salary & Benefits
- the rate from 1 April 2017 is £7.50
- Vacancy type
- 16 hours across Saturday and Sundays
- Job Advert Description
Autism West Midlands is the leading charity in the West Midlands for people with autism. We use our passion and expertise to enrich the lives of people with autism and those who love and care for them.
As a cook for Autism West Midlands, you will play a pivotal role in the support and routine that we provide for the people we care for.
- Preparing lunch and dinner for 20 residents in accordance to the residences menu choices
- Ensuring that all laws relating to preparing food for others are followed including; fridge and freezer temperatures, food proving, wearing PPE, hand washing etc.
- Supporting with the shopping order, checking stock levels and creating a list of what is required. If necessary, changing menu’s as not to waste food and money.
- Prepare snacks and beverages as required.
- Ensure that the work area is maintained in and hygienic condition and that work surfaces and equipment are cleaned after use.
- Develop knowledge skills and understanding of the needs of the Service Users, interpreting and communicating with them effectively.
We are looking for:
- Experience as a cook, maybe in a similar role, preparing food for at least 10 people
- A passion for care and providing support
- Consistent high quality in the food that is prepared
- An understanding of the importance of ensuring that laws relating to food preparation are kept
- Enthusiasm and positive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative
If you feel you have the qualities above, and want to work in a truly fun and exciting environment, apply today!