About this section
In this section you can find out everything about job opportunities at Autism West Midlands and learn more about our recruitment process.
Support Worker- Worcestershire
- Business Area
- Operational Role ~ Adult Social Support
- Salary & Benefits
- the rate from 1 April 2017 is £7.50
- Vacancy type
- 37.5 hours per week
- Job Advert Description
Have you always wanted to work in a fun environment , where you are helping to enrich the lives of others? If so, Autism West Midlands is for you. Here is a little about us:
- We are the leading charity in the region for people with autism.
- Our passionate , expert staff and volunteers work across all age groups and abilities, providing direct support to people with autism.
- We have six residential homes ; two supported living establishments, and provide support in the community to hundreds of people on the autism spectrum and their families.
Working for our charity could be the gateway to a career which – if you want it – can take you all the way from a support role to a management role.
Key Responsibilities for a Support Worker at Autism West Midlands:
- Enabling service users to live a rewarding and fulfilling life.
- Helping individuals to achieve their goals and aspirations and to access the community in a meaningful way
- Work in a person-centred way and in line with our competencies and values at all times.
Essentially, we are looking for open- hearted individuals that share the same passion, caring nature, and willingness to take the time to understand others as we do . However, it also helps if you can relate to the below:
- Past experience in a support worker role/ in a care environment
- NVQ Level 2 in Care or Promoting Independence (or equivalent) or a willingness to work towards it
- Knowledge of autism
Shifts include mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore flexibility is essential.
Due to the needs of the service, a full valid drivers licence is essential for this position.
We welcome all applications, so please apply today!
- Personal Specification