About this section
In this section you can find out everything about job opportunities at Autism West Midlands and learn more about our recruitment process.
Team Leader- Worcestershire
- Business Area
- Operational Role ~ Residential
- Salary & Benefits
- £16,575 per annum
- Vacancy type
- 37.5 per week
- Job Advert Description
Autism West Midlands has the passion and expertise to enrich the lives of people with autism and those who love and care for them. Our passionate, expert staff and volunteers work across all age groups and abilities, providing direct support to people with autism.
We don’t expect you to know all about autism before you come here. All we ask is that you want to learn and are willing to take the time to understand others.
Not only do we have a 2 week induction training program that is designed to fully prepare you for your new job, we also encourage our employees to develop their skills and knowledge. Each year, many of our employees gain additional qualifications. We also hold an Investor in People award!
We are now recruiting for a Team Leader to work at our Upper Ford Lodge service based in Worcestershire. Take a look at the key responsibilities and key skills that we are looking for to see if this is the right role for you:
- Working as part of a management team, you are responsible for ensuring the effective running of the service, providing quality care and support to all service users.
- Coordinating activities of the service and ensuring rotas are in place to agreed staffing levels.
- Managing a group of Support Workers ensuring that they are delivering a quality service which enable service users to live a rewarding and fulfilling life.
Key Skills/ Experience
- Previous experience of working in a care environment either within a residential service, supported living or outreach
- Experience of working under pressure in difficult circumstances
- Experience of writing reports, daily records, incident reports etc.
- Experience of implementing support plans and behavioural guidelines
- Experience of delivering medication and being responsible for finances
Drivers are preferable.
Shifts include mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore flexibility is essential.
If this looks like the right role for you, please apply!
- Personal Specification