About this section
In this section you can find out everything about job opportunities at Autism West Midlands and learn more about our recruitment process.
Team Leader- Worcestershire
- Business Area
- Operational Role ~ Residential
- Salary & Benefits
- £16,619.63 per annum
- Vacancy type
- 37.5 per week
- Job Advert Description
We are the leading charity in the West Midlands and support hundreds of adults with autism and those who love and care for them. Our passionate, caring staff and volunteers work across all age groups and abilities, providing direct support to people with autism.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and caring Team Leader to join our team based at our Upper Ford Lodge service in Droitwich.
By joining our team you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping others and join a team who love their job and have a lot of fun. We are looking for someone who has the genuine passion and motivation to make a difference. You will work as part of a management team and be responsible for ensuring the effective running of a service. You will manage a group of support workers ensuring they enable service users to live a rewarding and fulfilling life by helping them achieve their goals and aspirations and access the community.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in the care environment either within a residential service, supported living or outreach is essential for this role.
- The ability to inspire staff and promote a positive working culture
- Experience of writing reports and implementing support plans and behavioural guidelines.
- A full clean UK driving licence.
(Team Leaders will share on-call responsibilities and may be asked to deputise in the absence of their manager)
If you are successful, we need you to have an Enhanced Disclosure Check through the Disclosure and Barring service which we’ll pay for. Other benefits include:
- Specialist autism training
- Comprehensive induction including a specialist management induction
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Free access to an Employee assistance programme for advice and support
- Opportunity to join a health care plan to claim towards dental, glasses etc
If you are person centred, want to make a difference and feel you have the relevant skills then we want to hear from you!
Shifts include mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore flexibility is essential.
- Personal Specification